My remastered Ivy backstory

Go down

My remastered Ivy backstory

Post  ReidRo on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:39 pm

as many of you may know I have my own remastered DC universe, this is my version of Ivy's backstory Titled:
Poor poor Pamela...

Pamela Lillian Isely was never exactly what anyone classified as normal. Born into an average middle class family that was always too busy to notice she quietly sat on the side while life when on behind her, only her and the flowers. Her flowers. Isely's only friends, she would talk to them and imagine they talked back, she cared for them, nurtured them.
The plants, her plants.

By the time she was 13 her small, disgustingly bland bedroom had become her secret garden, where the screams from her mother downstairs and the abuse from her classmates couldn't get through. The plants, her plants absorbed the pain and the suffering of life and protected her just as she had protected them; all replaced by the sound of growing, the sound of the leaves rustling. Bliss
Then her father went up the stairs.
And the plants, HER plants screamed

The divorce of her parents laid a heavy burden on Pamela, no one at school cared about "the nerdy red headed girl" and now the plants, her plants where gone. Dead. Her mother was constantly working to keep food on the table and never even looked at Pamela unless to call her "useless" or to tell her to "do something better with your life". Pamela could hear her cry, but without her plants, she was vulnerable. Weak.

Despite the traumatic events that took place at home school still went as they always did. Her teachers scorned her for absent mindedness and her classmates chipped away at her nerve until one afternoon she punched one of her classmates in the face, she was no longer weak without her plants, now she hated them, all of them and they were all the same. Horrible, arrogant meat.
The therapist talked so calmly to her, acted like he knew, but even he was a mere meat sack. He said she had an “antisocial disorder” and gave her the medicine every week, his voice so calm, so arrogant. But it helped, Pamela saw people as people again and not meat sacks; all that anger buried 6 feet under a calm voice and medicine, but still she missed the plants, her plants.

11 years later and Pamela had developed; she was now a one of the leading biochemical scientists at the new rebooted Ace Chemicals after that incident with the criminal known as The Joker and Batman: the extraordinary Batman, maybe it was some weird taste in men but Pamela found herself drawn to the intimidating figure and steely personality that so many were repulsed by, he was something so new, so strange like uncharted ground that suddenly just materialized on a map, and the police scorned him for it. Idiots!
Her work on efficient, economical chemical compounds was praised by her superiors and envied by her peers, her only fault was her never-ending drive to her work and borderline obsessive policy for economically friendly chemicals that she insisted was non-existent that, in the end, resulted in her impending fall from grace. Pamela had spent several months developing a new medical product that would enable human antibodies to adapt quicker to venoms produced by plants and plant-based poisons by mutating them with a radiated plant compound, but her superior: Dr Jason Woodrew denied the products proposal for animal testing after stating that process in which the chemicals are inserted into the human’s DNA is a breach of several human rights laws and that the experimental fluid is unorthodox and possibly deadly. Distraught by the news Pamela flew into a massive outburst that quickly landed her temporarily dismissed from the company.

Outraged and humiliated went back to her apartment in Gotham city, she was only trying to save lives but those fools denied her! She would prove them wrong, her chemical will work! In the dead on the night Pamela slipped back into her laboratory and found the last hidden remains of her chemical. And she experimented on herself. All night she studied on her own living tissue, until finally she was ready: and as the needle pierced her skin: Pamela was dead, gone but now:
Poison Ivy lived.
During the experimentation Pamela had overlooked that her antibodies were already above average, meaning the fluids did not have a normal effect on her, it heightened the potency of her pheromones giving her a “higher sexuality” as well as reawakening her previous sociopathic, anti-social disorder. Pamela had also misjudged the strength of the fluids and instead of just mutating her antibodies it began to mutate her entire biology thus transforming her into a human/plant hybrid being able survive just about any toxin or chemical based substance as well as exert several venoms of her own making via extremities (i.e.: fingernails, lips…).But the most mysterious of these side effects was the mutation of Pamela’s brain; giving her the uncanny ability to communicate with surrounding plant life, similar to the role of a queen bee she was now able to willingly command the direction and growth of the plants, being able to do anything from command the rapid growth of a daisy to the complete grotesque mutation of an entire park.

Finally, the revolution has arisen: earth’s zealot, her warrior, her saviour; born to destroy the pathetic meat sacks that harm the plants, her plants, her children. She is Mother Nature’s wrath she is her vengeance, she is Poison Ivy.
Ivy’s first “crime” was the seduction of the arrogant meat that destroyed thousands of acres of jungle with his toxic chemicals, he was once her employer: the CEO of Ace Chemicals, her pheromones made him very intent in her prospects of a new eco-friendly approach. And she would’ve killed him if it weren’t for the Batman figuring out that she was controlling him like a marionette on strings after his little speech on Ace Chemical’s new direction and threw her in that hell hole Arkham Asylum.
Poison Ivy: a criminal, a seductress, a saviour, or an obsessive little girl who’s only friend is a plant, trying to make good of her life. Inside the heartless villainess Poison Ivy lays Pamela Lillian Isely, who worked so hard for just to be loved, and life turned her into a monster.
Pamela Isely. Poor poor Pamela.
[i]
ReidRo
Calendar Man

View user profile http://reidro.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My remastered Ivy backstory

Post  Knop on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Wow dude, this is fantastic. I like how you went a bit in depth about her childhood, it made you sympathize with her, and also the explanation of her controlling the plants, and all those details. Great job.
Knop
Admin

View user profile http://plus4chan.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ReidRo on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Knop wrote:Wow dude, this is fantastic. I like how you went a bit in depth about her childhood, it made you sympathize with her, and also the explanation of her controlling the plants, and all those details. Great job.
Thanks!!! Laughing
and yeah sympathy was sorta what I was going for, making her more than just a shallow bitch who likes plants as most people seem to make her
ReidRo
Calendar Man

View user profile http://reidro.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down